If you like to push the limits of your suspension and ride as low to the ground as physics allows it chances are the bottom of your Fuel tank is paper thin by now. The Fuel tank on your Mqb car is the lowest point of the car, Why? who knows...
Replacing your fuel tank not only is a time consuming task but it's also expensive. Save some money and get yourself a skid plate. We designed this Aluminum skid plate out of .063" thick 5052-H32 for clearance and protection in mind, after all we all know you won't be willing to raise up your ride height.
This plate was designed as a wear and tear Item, it will scrape, scuff and eventually wear so keep an eye on it and replace it if needed. It was also designed to work in conjunction with the Original lower floor shields and round brace so you'll need those installed and in good shape. (If your car is modified and you need one for your specific application please feel free to reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate to your needs).
- .063" thick 5052-H32 Aluminum Skid Plate pre-bent and drilled ready to install.
- Stainless Steel P-Clamps x2.
- M6 x25 Stainless Steel Bolt x2.
- M6 Self Locking Stainless Steel Nut x2.
- M8 NutSert x2.
- M8x25 Stainless Steel Bolt x2.
- Installation Instructions.
- #5 Hex Alen key.
- #4 Hex Alen key.
- 10mm Wrench.
- Drill with a 7/16" Drill Bit.
- Center Punch.
- Nutsert riveter tool to install size M8 Nutsert.
Volkswagen Mk7 Golf (2wd)
Volkswagen Mk7 Golf Sportswagen (2wd)
Volkswagen Mk7 GTI